Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sympathy Church


I found this stamp at Hobby Lobby earlier this week. Last year I was looking for a really nice church stamp and could not find one any where that I liked a lot. The ones I did find were to odd or cartoonish. I did find an Art Impressions church stamp I liked and I did get it but it was a small image, I wanted large. Well this is a large image and it makes me think of all those old New England or country churches. It is a Stampabilities stamp and I think it can be very versatile.
For this first use I wanted to try a soft image so I stamped it with Memento London Fog, then I used Nestabilities Mega Curved Rectangles to cut it out. Leaving it in the Nestie I air brushed Copic C3 Cool Gray around the edges. I used my friend Sandy's trick for clouds of torn paper towel ( I used scrap paper instead) and air brushed B43 Powder Blue for some sky. I like the moody look it all makes. I set it aside because I couldn't decide if I wanted any thing more on the card. This morning I picked up and decided not to add any layers or embellishments (sorry Sandy) just a sentiment. I needed something that would just fit into that space and not overwhelm it. Luckily I remembered my Wishing You set from Papertrey Ink. Using my positioner I tried stamping it with London Fog but it was too light so I went with black.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.
P.S. I think I'll use this stamp and make a wedding or anniversary card. Wait and see.

No comments: