Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Birthday Daffodil


This is another of the middle of the night cards. I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep and started thinking about card designs. This birthday ribbon that I've had on hand for at least a year has been bothering me every time I open my ribbon container. It seems like I should be able to use it easily but I just hadn't come up with an idea that I liked. Well I started thinking about this card I saw on the My Stamping Addiction blog. It gave the jumping off point for my card.
I have a lot of strips of the Bazzil Basic Swiss Dots paper and I thought the ribbon down the center would work well. I then used my Scor-Pal to make a channel for the strip to ride in. Then I had to decide what to do with the rest of the card. I pulled out my Papertrey Year of Flowers: Daffodil and used just the flower head and stamped it in three different shade of Memento yellows. I like how it turned out. I simple card that says a lot. What do you think???

No comments: