Monday, May 17, 2010

A Punchy Wedding Card


I was cruising through some blogs the other day and came across a card that was just so beautiful. It was layers of card stock that had been punched with different border punches. It was all white and looked fabulous.
Last night I was still awake at 1:15 AM and got to thinking about that card. I got up and decided to try and recreate that card. Boy howdy was that a mistake. I finally finished this card but it was a real struggle. My first mistake was using a white card base and then using Cryogen white for my layers. Not such a good look. I ended up putting a strip of Cryogen white at the bottom so the hearts didn't show the white. I finagled with these strips for quite awhile until I got the look I wanted. The top strip is and EK Success punch the rest are Martha Stewart's. The card that was my inspiration (I went back through a whole bunch of web sites looking for it and couldn't find it any where) had no stamping on it but mine needed something so I used this Congrats Rose stamp from Stampendous at the top. I used the palest pink and green Copics to give it just a touch of color. I think it will make a perfect wedding card don't you? Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a beautiful card!!! I'm going to give this a try.
TFS,
Angela
www.snippetsofpaper.blogspot.com