Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Circle Flowers


This was a really fun card to make. I had punched out all these circles from the DCWV Prints Mat Stack a week or so ago and when I straightened my desk up the other day I found them. I had used some of them on a previous card then set the rest of them aside. Last night while I was trying to go to sleep I started thinking about them and came up with this idea.
Luckily I was tired enough to go ahead and go to sleep rather than get up and make this card.
I gathered the circles together and got out my Papertrey Ink Basic Buttons set and got to work. I started to stamp out the flower stems and then realized that I wanted them to go completely across the page, what to do, I had already started in the center of the card stock so I took another piece and butted it up to this one and stamped part of the flower stems on each piece. I ended up with two sets of flower stems to add circles to and thus two cards. I took some green card stock and used my new Martha Stewart Fringe scissors to make the grass. Across the top I used the EK Success Bumpy Road punch ( to me it kind of looks like clouds).
I really like how this card turned out, it seems to be such a happy card. Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

shulsart said...

You are right, Kathy, it is a very happy card! Love all those different patterns of paper, great job!