Saturday, May 8, 2010

Paige's Graduation


When I placed my order for some of the new PaperTrey stamps I didn't know just how much I would use the graduation set. I knew I wanted it to make my nephew's card but I also needed for a granddaughter's card. The same day that the stamps arrived we received the graduation announcement for our oldest granddaughter. Works out well.
One of the great things about PaperTrey is that when you click on any of the stamps you get access to the gallery for that set and also there is a tip sheet for each of them. Really helpful information.
Since Paige's school colors are red and silver I used that color combo. I first went to Google Images and downloaded the mascot,and sized it to fit into the center of the focal image stamp. I just printed it in red cut it out with a circle punch and ran my silver leafing pen around the edge. I used a scalloped circle Nestabilities to cut out a mat for the mascot image and mounted it to the stamped image. PaperTrey has come out with a line of dies to coordinate with many of their images. I used the Mat Stack 1 die to cut out the shape then I stamped on top of it. Since the stamps are clear it's easy to line them up.
I then stamped out the class of image and added the year with the individual numbers included in the set.
The DP is from the White Washed Core-dinations line that I ran through the CuttleBug with a Quickutz embossing folder that I then sanded. It sounds like a lot of work but it really wasn't. The most time consuming part was lining up the year numbers (shaky hands sometimes makes life a little difficult).
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: