Thursday, May 6, 2010

Father's Day


I received my PaperTrey Ink order the other day and couldn't play with it right away. Ooh that hurt. This last release came just in time for Father's Day and Graduations.
The same day I got my stamps we received the graduation announcement of our oldest grandchild, coincidence???
Anyway I needed to make some Father's Day cards first so that's where I started.
I thought something a little rustic would be kind of neat for one of my brothers-in-law. He's not a hunter but comes from a family of active people enjoying the outdoors on long bike rides and camping. Once a year the Dads take all the kids old enough to go for a weekend camping out. The Moms stay home with the babies (if any) and relax. I really think they end up doing all the stuff they can't do with a house full of kids, but I digress.
I used a dark brown card stock for the base and stamped leaves from the set in a random pattern ( I originally stamped in Memento Desert Sand but it faded away to nothing, I re stamped in Memento Rich Cocoa. I took a strip of Kraft and stamped the trees (slightly off the paper) and the buck (also partly of the paper). The sentiment went on last. Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: