Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Vellum Window Card


Blog browsing can be a dangerous thing. Some sites make you want to blow your whole budget on new things out there. Then again there are sites like 'The Classroom' that teach you new techniques and different ways to use what you already have. Right up my alley. I'm on a kick to use supplies I already have and when I stopped by The Classroom yesterday this post fired up my ambition.
I spent quite a bit of time today going through supplies and making choices. (this was in between doing some cleaning and helping a neighbor out, taking care of the dog and of course going to church---I'm tired).
Since I have a quest to use up existing supplies I pulled out Lasting Impressions paper, vellum I've had for ever, and a Lockhart stamp that I haven't used nearly enough. I set up my card stock first, getting the card bases, then making sure that the inside of the card would show case the stamp well (white just doesn't do it). For this card I lined the inside with the same DP as the card base. I used oval Nestabilities to make the window and the same Nestie with a larger scalloped Nestie to make the frame. Whew!!! Not easy, takes more patience than I some times have. I stamped with Stazon then after it dried I flipped it over and colored with Copics on the back side.
Then I assembled the card, vellum tape attached the image to the inside, glue pen to attach the frame and opaque white pen to add the dots. I stamped a simple happy birthday on the inside. All done. I have set ups for 15 more cards. When oh when will they be done??? Your guess is as good as mine. I still have baby thank you cards to finish and the cards for prizes at the shower my sisters birthday card and cards for her gift. I need a nap. See ya. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: