Sunday, June 20, 2010

JustRite Bookmark


This stamp set By the Sea Borders and Centers from JustRite is one I've wanted since I first saw it. I just fell in love with it and have been so anxious to get it. Well it landed in my mail box yesterday and I finally got to play with it today.
JustRite's challenge this week is to make a bookmark. Anyone who knows me knows that I love to read and I have made my own bookmarks in the past, so this was a challenge I could really get into.
I am funny about my bookmarks in that I don't like a plain backside. I want my bookmarks to be pretty anyway I look at it. I have a box of these large plastic covered paper clips so I decided to try to make a bookmark using one of them. I stamped out the two images and colored with Copics. The images and mats are cut out with the oval and scalloped Nestabilities. I then used a lot of strong adhesive to hold the paper clip in between the two red layers, I then got some red thread and sewed the clip in even tighter. I added my images and was done. It actually took me longer to figure out the mechanics than to make the bookmark. I really like how it turned out. What do you think? Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

jennifer mitten said...

I love that set too! I looked at it at the scrapbook convention but decided to invest just in the pink circular block for now - the little homemade treats stamps will be perfect for all me holiday baked goods!! Love your bookmarks!

Steph Ackerman said...

Gorgeous bookmarks. I love this set too and I'm getting it very soon!!!

shulsart said...

Beautiful, Kathy. So this is one book mark with an image on each side or did you make two bookmarks? Either way, they are gorgous!

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

I love the bright colors! Great job!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW! These are fantastic!!! What a wonderful job you did with the colours, love the red frames and the red clips!!!

Melody said...

This is just such a great idea for a bookmark.