Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm Baaaack!!!!


Well, I'm upright and taking sustenance anyway. Still coughing and stuffed up but I am on the mend.
I was feeling a strong dose of cabin fever yesterday so I went with Bruce to Grand Rapids. He wanted to go to a couple of golf stores and I didn't think it would hurt to ride along. It was a beautiful day and we had a nice ride.
I did run into a bit of a problem with a pledge I had made about not buying new til I had used up existing supplies. One of the stores he went to was next to a Jo Anne's and I had my 40% coupon. What's a girl to do? I needed tape so I thought I was safe, hah!!! They had 40% off on all papercrafting supplies. That included the DCWV paper pads that I love, and they had several new ones. I only bought 4 and my tape. Then we went over to Stamp Therapy the LSS I go to in G.R. and they were having a sale on the Tim Holtz Sizzix embossing folders. I picked up the brick and woodgrain combo pack. So of course I had to play today.
The funny thing is that this card was intended to be a guy birthday card. I was watching a show on HGTV this AM and they were showing these urban row houses in Baltimore with all this exposed brick walls and my mind took off. I used some core'dinations paper for the Bricked part, then I used some of my new DCWV Mango Frost paper for the bottom. The border is some of the wood inlay that I've had laying on my desk for over a year and of course the furniture is Papertrey Ink On My Couch. When I had that all assembled I needed something for the top and decided to use the sentiment for a wall hanging. That's when it turned into a get well card. I stamped it out and trimmed it and the kraft matting with my deckled scissors, using a brad to "hang" it.
Now I need a nap. Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: