Monday, July 18, 2011

For Ann

A few months ago I made these cards as a thank you to my family for an anniversary gift.  My sister Ann called me a few weeks ago and asked me to make some cards for her.  She so liked the thank you card that she wanted something similar.  She wanted cards that could be for a variety of occasions.  The Thinking of You sentiment works wonderfully well for these cards. 
I used a dozen different colors of Memory Box card stock for the card bases and for the focal point.  Papertrey's Year of Flowers set worked perfectly for this whole set of cards.  I ended up making 24 cards, two of each flower, one vertical and one horizontal.  I stamped each flower and sentiment in Versamark and then used Martha Stewart Dove embossing powder.  After heat embossing I mounted the focal point onto a white mat and then to the card base.
Ann only took some of the cards so the rest will go into the raffle card baskets at our Church fund raiser in a couple of weeks.
These cards are really easy to make just a little messy (I tend to get embossing powder all over) and time consuming, of course when I'm doing cards like these I end up making a lot of them.  If I'm going to make a mess why not make a real mess. lol
Hope you like them and thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: