Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy B'day Kristi

I made this card for my cousin's daughter.  Kristi is an artist and an art teacher and has decided to get back into creating works of art in addition to teaching children.
One of the things she has been wanting are Copic markers, so her mother is starting her out with some sets.  I decided to stretch her Copic horizons by getting her the air brush system (not the compressor just the cans, I love Kristi, but not that much).
Well this leads me to this card, I took out my Copics and air brush system (yes I have the compressor) and had a go at creating a background.  It's not the greatest, but then I haven't had time to play with it in a while.  After I had created the background I went looking for some stamps to use and found these felt flowers that I had cut out with Flower Fusion #4 die from Papertrey, perfect.  I went through my stash of brads and used them for centers and stamped the stem and leaves from Flower Fusion #5.  The sentiment is also from Papertrey the Simple Sentiments set.
Now for the confession.  When I went to stamp the stem and leaves I started with the center flower and goofed it up, luckily since it is a clear stamp I could re stamp and fix it (sort of).  The flower to the left I had to add some extra leaves and the flower to the right I drew in the stem and added leaves.  As a lady I used to work with so long ago would say "I'll never be noticed from a galloping horse"
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: