Friday, July 29, 2011

Embossed Sympathy Cards

 
I needed to add to my stash of sympathy cards and I wanted to make a dozen cards quickly, so I chose the Gina K Year of Flowers set and Year of Leaves set for my project.  Wanting to keep it quick and easy  I chose a one layer design of just the sentiment and the flower or the leaf for the card front and then to add just a little pizzaz I went with a favorite technique of using embossing powders.  While I was making the cards my husband came by and asked why nothing showed up after I had stamped the image with Versamark.  I told him to wait and watch the magic as I poured Zing embossing powder over the leaf  I had just stamped.  He thought that was pretty cool.  I just love watching that powder change to solid, to me it really is magic.  I used Martha Stewart's Bronze for the flowers and that little bit of sparkle just thrills me.  I made two of each flower and leaf design, one vertical and one horizontal.  Unfortunately I only ended up with eleven cards since I got interrupted in the process and smeared one of the cards, but eleven is more than I had before and that makes me happy.

No comments: