Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sympathy for Erin

When I had a chance to make some cards the other day I knew I needed to add to my sympathy card stash.  Unfortunately I just learned that my nephew Greg's fiance just lost her Grandfather so I chose this one to send her.
I had just a few sheets left in my Basic Grey Cappella paper pad so I decided to use them up.  I had my Papertrey Botanical Silhouettes set handy and I thought I could use up some of my kraft scraps and keep my pledge to use up existing supplies.
The DP is a little formal and the kraft is a little rustic and I think it turned out very nicely.  I stamped the image in several Memento colors and used a Copic to draw in the stems.  To ground the image I used a Papertrey Text stamp in Versamark.  The sentiment is from the Sending You set also from Papertrey.  (I really do have stamps from other companies and I'm going to get them out to play as soon as the kitchen is done, I just don't have room to spread out right now.)  
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: