Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Remade Christmas

One of the nice things about our church members is their donations to the various ministry's.  For our Card Ministry group people donate cards or card fronts for us to remake.
This is one of the card fronts that were in the stack pulled out at our last meeting.  I loved the water color design of the manger scene and decided to go with a more rustic theme.  I trimmed the card front close to the embossed edge and then went looking for a mat that picked up on one of the colors.  Since there was so much blue I decided to pick up the green instead for a very narrow border and then mounted it to a kraft card base.
One of the lessons I've learned is that as much as I like to create my own designs, having a great picture to start off with still leaves a great deal of creativity to play with.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: