Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ed's Retirement

We have a retirement party to go to tonight for a friend of Bruce's.  Ed has finally decided that 45 years is long enough to work for anyone. He is so right, waaaay to long.  He's still a young guy so he'll have lots of fun enjoying his favorite hobbies.
We know that he loves his beer (asked what kind of beer he likes he just said 'cold') and fishing and enjoying the world around him.  So that gave me the idea for this card.  I pulled out this beer stamp from Custer's Last Stamp, the little truck with the fishing pole from Great Impressions and this wonderful summer chair from Lockhart stamps.  I colored them up with Copics, trimmed out the beer mug, and cut out the chair and car with Nestabilities.  I was trying to decide what to use for the background when I remembered this DP that has been sitting in my stash for several years.  I knew one day it would be useful.  All that was left was to stamp the sentiment onto some kraft paper and tear the edges and put it all together.  I know Ed will have a great time in retirement but I worry about Julie (his wife) still working while Ed is at home.  I had 12 years of that with Bruce, I may have to give her some tips. lol
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: