Friday, July 15, 2011

An Ice Cream Birthday

My Echo Park Summer Days paper pad has so many fun designs that I just kept going back to look at it and smile.  The colors on all the different sheets are just so bright and cheerful that you just have to smile when looking at them.
I decided to use the ice cream cone paper to make several birthday cards and this is one of them.  I first selected the diagonal stripe for the background, such yummy colors, then trimmed off two rows of cones and a strip of yellow card stock from Memory Box.  I stamped the sentiment from Papertrey's Simple Sentiments onto the yellow and then had some fun.  I pulled out my Quickie glue pen and some glitter and 'iced' some of the cones.  You can just see a little of the glitter here, but in person it really pops.  I didn't glitter all of the cones so there would be some contrast and besides my hands were getting tired.
I'm really tickled with how it turned out.  What do you think?  Thanks for stopping by.  

No comments: