Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Spring Time Get Well

I wanted to make some get well cards to add to my card ministry baskets, so I spent some time looking around for  ideas and came across this video on StampTV.
I have the Spring Time Silhouettes set from Gina K,  so I pulled it out and got going.  I've decided that when I'm making cards like this I'm always going to make at least two cards so I ended up changing the format slightly.  Rather than going with the oval shape for the focal point I went with rectangle, it worked out better for me since I could use the scraps from the card base yellow layer for my focal point and sentiment.
I also skipped making the bow since that is something I just have more trouble with than it's worth when I'm rushed for time.
If you watch the video you'll see how this card was made and it really can be translated onto any stamp and DP.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

shulsart said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Kathy. Look at all those layers, just beautiful