Monday, July 4, 2011

Stars and Stripes

 Here are a some more of the 4th of July cards I made for the summer food baskets.  Using the est. 1776 set from Papertrey and the Star dies (also Papertrey) I went with a stars and stripes theme for these.  Please note the grouping of stamped stars on the card to the right.  I accidentally smudged some ink and this is how I covered it up.  Love it.  I used a white pen to decorate the stars for a little pizazz.
I went with a little bit of a rustic look on these cards with a kraft card base.

For this next card I used some more of the Postmarks DP from Papertrey and scraps for the rest of the layers and stars.  Using a white card base completes the red white and blue color scheme.  The only stamping on this card is the sentiment for est. 1776 set.  Very simple, very patriotic and a wonderful use of scraps.
Hope you like these and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: