Monday, September 19, 2011

Thank You Cards for West Side Story

I've been super busy lately with many ongoing projects, but I have had some time in the last couple of days to make cards.  These are cards that are long over due but still needed to be made and sent.
Last May was Bruce's 75th birthday and my family went in together and bought him a gift certificate to the Wharton Center for the Performing Arts.  What a terrific gift.  We took it over there this past week and purchased tickets for West Side Story that will be here in November.  This is one of Bruce's favorite musicals, can't wait.
So of course I had to get off my (you know what) and get the thank you cards made & on the way.
I have been clearing my desk off (again) and had made some other cards (to be posted later) using a brown and blue theme.  I'm really liking this color combo so I decided to use the scraps and for my images I chose to use Papertrey's Peaceful Garden set.  Using the dies that go with the set I cut out my focal points and stamped them with Memento Rich Cocoa.  The middle card was easy but I decided to get fussy with the other two.  First I stamped the image onto the blue card stock, stamping once and then again without re-inking,  I then added a narrow strip of the brown card stock as a base and pop dotted the focal images.  Then I just stamped the sentiment and was done.  I think they came out very nicely, what do you think?
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: