Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Flower In a Tea Cup

To continue my saga of desk cleaning....this tea cup was an element that was left over from a card making session many months ago.  I had seen this idea on a blog some time ago and thought it was a really cute idea.  I used my mat stack dies and cut out the frame and set it on the card base to get an idea of positioning.  Then I stamped the sentiment from Papertrey's Think Big Favorites 7.  The cup is also from Papertrey the Tea for Two Additions and was cut out with the co-ordinating die.
The flower is from their Flower Fusion #5 set.  I stamped directly onto the DP (also Papertrey, Bitty Box) then the flower was cut with a die and stamped with Memento Lady Bug and mounted to the DP.  This shows that you can have several layers and still keep a clean look that highlights the image and sentiment.  I truly love cards like my friend Sandy makes that show great color and texture with layers of DP that make a great card but I also love the Clean & Simple cards that are just as satisfying.  If you click on those names you can see what  I mean about the cards in both design ideas.
I do hope that you like my card and thanks fro stopping by.

No comments: