Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Kellen

I've had a fun and exciting summer and haven't been able to get any where near my craft desk for over a month.  It's been KILLING me. 
I did however manage to make a couple of cards in spite of the chaos going on in my home (kitchen redo, new windows, minor basement flooding and a short vacation--whew!)
I had to make my great-nephews card for his first birthday and I went right to the Train Tracks set from Papertrey (after all that set was bought mainly for Kellen's cards anyway).  What a fun set it is.  I cut out the kraft paper using the co-ordinating dies and then stamped them accordingly.  I stamped and colored the gift packages and trimmed them out and placed them on the flat bed.  I found ribbon to use for the train tracks , a little checked ribbon on the blue card and then I found the birthday ribbon for the other and it worked out perfectly.  I used Papertreys Road Trip DP for the card on the right and I just used blue card stock for the base on the other without any DP.  Stamped the 'steam' and the sentiment and was done.  Kellen of course loved it and spent a lot of time showing it off to everyone (she said tongue in cheek).
I'm pleased with how it turned out and I hope you like also.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: