Monday, September 26, 2011

A Tea Pot of Sympathy

I was lucky enough to win a challenge on the Sweet Stamps blog a little while ago and with my prize I selected this stamp (among others lol).  There were so many great stamps that I just had to go over my budget.
I really like this stamp a lot.  While I was getting ready to color, with Copics of course, I tried to picture what kind of card I wanted to make and sympathy kept coming to mind.  After all what is more comforting in sadness that a nice cup of tea.  I have also come to believe that sympathy cards don't always have to be somber so I chose to go with bright colors.  After I had the flowers done I went to the color wheel and picked this blue from the opposite side of the wheel.  I wanted strong contrast and I think I achieved my goal.  I used a bit of distress ink around the edges of each layer to soften it up a bit.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Very pretty,I lov the colors