Friday, September 23, 2011

Rose Red

Well actually it's Raspberry Fizz.  That's the name Papertrey gives this card stock.  I used co-ordinated DP from the Bitty Box Basics set on the base, then a layer of white card stock then another layer of the Bitty Box paper.
Then I got tricky, I took my Mat Stack 1 die and the Mega Mat Stack 1 die and layered them and ran them through with the white card stock.  That left me with a separate center portion that I could then rub the edge with Memento Lady Bug ink.  This makes it look as though it's another layer but it is just nestled back into the frame.
I used Memento markers to color the rose from Papertrey's Year of Flowers set, trimmed it out and pop dotted it onto the mat.  While I was making this card I kept thinking "Wow this is a bold color, not sure if I'm getting it right" but in the end I loved it.
 Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: