Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Jen


When I started to think about making this birthday card I really thought about the type of person Jen is. She's an athletic girly girl. I really admire that about her.

I decided to go with the pretty, feminine card for her. I also wanted to try out a technique I've seen around of using sticky double sided tape to add glitter to a project.

So for these cards I ran several lines of red tape across the card, pealed off the top layer and sprinkled Doodlebug Design glitter over them. Worked beautifully. I then stamped the dress form image from the Gina K Springtime Silhouettes StampTV kit in Memento black. After cutting out the images I embossed them and sponged color around the edge. I also cut out the mats with Nestabilities. I just lightly colored the dress forms with Copics.

On one card I stamped the sentiment (from the same stamp set) directly onto the card base, on the other I goofed while stamping it so I stamped onto a scrap of white card stock, cut it out with a Nestie, sponged it and mounted it with pop dot.

All done and I think they turned out well. Hope you like them and thanks for stopping by.

P.S. the one I sent is the one on the right.

No comments: