Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Black Butterfly


"The Black Butterfly" doesn't that sound like a title from an old black and white film from years ago?
A lesson I've learned when wandering through Michael's and Hobby Lobby is never to bypass the jewelry making aisles.
I found this black butterfly by Traditions in the jewelry components section of Hobby Lobby. I'm not sure how it would be used as jewelry but I couldn't resist it for a card.
I had found this DP from the Paper Studio on the same shopping trip and last night as I was cleaning up my desk and getting ready for bed I came up with this idea.
I knew I wanted to make this a black and creme card so I found some scraps to mount and mat the butterfly on and assembled this card in just a few minutes. I just love it when I think of a card and I can make it come together the way I want. In that same aisle there were some medallions in gold and bronze that I'm itching to work with so I'll have to stay up late again and think. Hope it works.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: