Friday, March 25, 2011

A Lullaby Card


I went to the book store yesterday to pick Mariah Stewart's latest (Almost Home if you like to read this Chesapeake Diary series is terrific) and after I had paid for my purchases and on my way out of the store I saw this CD. Well of course I thought of my great-nephew Kellen and went back and bought it. I'm shipping it to him with this card that I whipped out in 5 minutes.
Of course the only reason I could put this card together so quickly is my inability to throw anything out.
Way back when I got the brilliant idea to make up card bases to have on hand (turns out not to be such a bad idea after all) and this is one of them. Then another idea I had was to print out some digital images to color up (the coloring up part never happened on this one) and have at the ready. So these two items have been sitting around for about a year and all I had to do was color up 'Michael' from Mo Manning and cut it out and mount it to the base. I have no idea where the DP is from but it works beautifully with this image don't you think.
I used Copics to color and this is what I used-- Hair YR21,YR31; Cloud B000 under the cloud for shading BG000; Skin E00,E21;Nightshirt Boo and for the wing and halo I used a Sakura silver Jelly Roll pen.
I cut the image out with a Nestabilities Deckled rectangle and edged it with YR31.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: