Friday, February 18, 2011

Woodgrain and Masculine Motifs


The mind is a wondrous thing sometimes. Just not in the middle of the night and I'm trying to get to sleep. Such was the case the other night when I lay in bed and started thinking about wood grain. I have the Papertrey Woodgrain set and started to think about ways to use it. the set has three stamps with different wood grains to them.
I used this one, stamping it over and over to cover the kraft card stock, which I then mounted onto a dark brown card base.
Then I pulled out the Papertrey Masculine Motifs set and stamped the trees onto Kraft, cut it out with an oval Nestabilities. I needed to mat it with dark brown but the next size was larger than I wanted so I trimmed the edge of the kraft and cut another oval out with the same Nestabilities ( a trick I learned from my friend Sandy, it's easier to trim if you emboss the image, then you can just trim around the edge ). I added the brads for a little punch and smudged some Tim Holtz Distressed Ink Tea Dye around the edge.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: