Thursday, February 10, 2011

Merry Christmas, Happy Valentine's Day,Happy Anniversary




This combo card is for a friend and his wife (Hi Dick & Jeanne). Dick commented to my husband that he didn't recall getting a Christmas card from us and wondered why since I make so many cards. Bruce laughed and told him that I was so busy making cards to give as gifts I never had time to make our Christmas cards. That is so true. Well to make up for it I decided to make a belated Christmas card for them, then I realized that their anniversary is on Valentine's Day and hep presto the idea for a combo card.
I've had this red DP on my desk for almost a year and never knew quite what to do with it. I didn't want to cover up too much of it since it's so pretty, there's flocking and glitter and such a gorgeous color. Mmmmm.
I thought of doing a step card and then settled on this format. The first design is of course Christmas. I used the Nestabilities Ornaments to cut our my shapes using Gina K's Not Quite Navy, then embossed the design from the Gina K Heirloom Ornament set in Martha Stewart Dove embossing powder.
Then I did the Valentine's Day element using Nestabilities Hearts for my shapes. I ran the red through my Cuttlebug with a Sizzix folder. I mounted it to a scalloped heart and added the sentiment in my own writing.
For the anniversary part I used Gina K's Fanciful Tags set for the main focal point and then cut it out with a Nestabilities Fancy Tag.
I think I may be onto something here, combining all elements of a friends life in one card. You don't think so? Well I guess I don't either, more fun to make a card for each occasion, though I would like to be a fly on the wall when they open this one. I can just hear them laugh.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: