Sunday, February 20, 2011

One for Sandy


I met my friend Sandy for lunch the other day at the I-Hop. Two reasons for the location, first hello--- I-Hop - 'nough said. Second because it's right by Hobby Lobby. Lunch was great and we had fun visiting and catching up on life as we know it. Sandy had ordered a couple of the Cheery Lynn Design Doily Dies for me and that is the excuse we made for meeting for lunch.
Then we hit Hobby Lobby. Man can we do some damage at that store. I had my 40% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket and I was on the hunt for something to use it on. As we wandered the aisles we came down the embellishment area and Sandy showed me some Prima Flowers, (so beautiful), so of course they went into the basket. After plundering the DP aisle ( I need more DP like I need a hole in my head, but I bought some anyway) we finished up, hit one more store for health aids for pets and I headed for home.
Of course I couldn't let my new dies just sit there I had to try them out. I grabbed a piece of Papertrey Linen card stock and cut out this French Pastry Doily. Isn't it lovely? Then I had to make a card. I found this Velvety brown Butterfly DP on my desk. I've had it for several months and no longer remember where I got it (I think it was from a store that is now closed) and then I thought that one of the Prima Flowers would look good on the doily. So I put them all together and I think it turned out really well. What do you think? Thanks for stopping by.
Now I have to go prepare for the next winter storm to hit the area, these last few days of warm weather has been such a tease.

No comments: