Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Maple Leaf


I'm not sure if I love the Maple Leaf because I have two maple trees in my front yard or because my Mom was from Canada. Whatever the reason I have always loved leaves in all their beauty, from the first buds in spring (although I have to say the whirligigs from the maple tree drive me daft in the spring) to the gorgeous fall color.
In any case when I was trying to come up with a card design to work with Papertrey's Background Basics: Woodgrain I thought of the other Papertrey set Falling Leaves. The set has four different leaves and I chose to high light the maple leaf on this card. I cut out the mat with and Octagon Nestabilities and lightly stamped the Woodgrain on it, after which I mounted the Maple Leaf. I think this could be a great guy card.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: