Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Mary C.


Last August at the Novi show I picked up an accordion fold kit at the Paper Cut booth. I finally found it buried on my craft desk and thought I would use it for a birthday card for my cousin. If I had known how fiddly it would be I might have hesitated. The kit actually comes with the pre scored cards and an assortment of plain colored card stock pieces for decorating the cards. I however wanted some DP and had to pull out the ruler and measure each segment and start cutting. The striped paper is from Kaiser Craft Devonshire and the solids are from the kit.
I used the flowers from the Gina K Botanicals stamp set, the stamped sentiment is from Papertrey's All Booked Up set. I used a Martha Stewart Glitter Marker to write Happy Birthday and then I took gold Twinklette pen and added some sparkle to the flowers.
It took me some time to figure this all out but I like how it turned out. What do you think?
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: