Friday, July 23, 2010

Sneaking a Peek


This card was a personal challenge for me. My friend Sandy does wonderful cards merging digi's together and they are always so terrific. Well Sandy finally posted a tutorial on how to do this using Photoshop Elements 6. I have Photoshop Elements 2 but I was able to use her tutorial and merge three of the Bugaboo Peekers for this card.(Bugaboo offers a freebie every Friday so you can try them out). You can find Sandy's tutorial here.
Following instructions I merged the three Peekers and printed them out (one warning-do a test run when coloring to see if your printer ink will run when you color, mine has to dry a bit before coloring or I just use my heat gun to hurry it along). I colored the image using so many different Copics that I can't list them all or we'd be here til the day after tomorrow. I had designed the card to use Nestabilities to cut out my image and air brush around the edge but my ham handed coloring got me out side the lines and when I tried to correct it it just got worse, so using another of Sandy's tips I cut it out free hand and then mounted it onto the orange dotted paper that I used a corner punch on.
In honor of Sandy I then went on to add another layer, then I added the sentiment that is computer generated and corner punched that and it's mat. I added the flower and found an orange flat sided pearl and called it done. Do yourself a favor and go look at Sandy's blog for some great inspiration.

No comments: