Thursday, July 22, 2010

Christmas Treasures


This is an example of failure and success. Failure is the inability to NOT buy terrific stamp sets when I have vowed to cut back on purchases, success is using existing supplies when using new stamps to make cards.
I bought JustRite's Christmas Treasures set because I just had to have it, when making the cards I pulled out embossing powders I forgot I even had and Christmas paper from last year that I haven't used up. This set uses the 3 1/4" stamper and is enough to be the only thing I need for the front of my card. I stamped it out 3 times using Versamark and then embossed with gold for the top card, black for the middle and the bottom one I used Tim Holtz Distress Powder. I wanted to make a set of Christmas cards as a prize for my nieces baby shower later this month. I also wanted to make some somewhat non-traditional cards. Since the stamp set has four images it gave many chances to use existing supplies (salves my conscience a bit) and have fun designing cards. There is just a little bit of bling on each of these cards, the image was cut out with a circle Nestabilities and then I trimmed it closer. The mats were also cut with Nesties. No coloring on these cards but more on the next three sets.
Hope you like them and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: