Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Christmas Bird


This is the third image from the JustRite Christmas Treasures set. I think this one is my favorite of the four, although maybe the Silent Night is or even the next one coming up. Oh all right I love them all and can see me making many more of these (my sister has put in her order for two dozen of these, hmmm, better get busy).
When I stamped these out (along with some of the others) I learned that you have to be very careful when mounting these onto the stamper.
After I had these all stamped out I realized that the borders were all off center. Made me dizzy to look at them. I was so discouraged thinking I would have to restamp them all when the light bulb went off and I pulled out my Nestabilities and cut out each of the centers. Now when I attached them to the scalloped matting I could center them properly. Worked great. I colored with Copics and on two of them I used Fun Flock on the roof and on one I used Stickles. On the lower left card I used some tiny red rhinestones on the holly berries on the bird house, unfortunately I didn't have enough to do all of the cards, boo hoo. Yikes, I just noticed that on two of these I still didn't get the borders right, that's what I get for working when tired. So now I'm off to fix them. See you tomorrow (I hope).
Hope you like them anyway and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: