Saturday, September 11, 2010

Nestabilities Crosses


I was looking through the Splitcoaststampers gallery for sympathy cards to get some inspiration and came across this card. It really got me inspired. I've had the Nestabilities Cross set for quite some time and I'm not sure I've ever used it. Probably I have but I don't remember.
Any way I'm starting to get together the card assortments that I give at Christmas time to family and friends (6 cards for 20 people). It's a lot of work but I love doing it. The only down side is that many have requested sympathy cards. Well I shouldn't say requested, they strongly hint that the sympathy cards are the most needed.
When I saw Scrapgal2's card it got me going. There are 4 different crosses in the set of different sizes and styles. You can cut all four out of one quarter of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of card stock.
On this card I used the smallest and the largest cross together and added a rhinestone to the center. Before I took the cross out of the Nestie I air brushed it with 3 shades of Copics E55, E35 and E57. The sentiment is Papertrey's Communique Curves. The first white layer was embossed using Cuttlebug's Distressed Stripes folder and the mat was cut with Nestabilities Labels Nine.
I'm trying to do sympathy cards that express the sentiment without being depressing. Adding just a bit of color helps, at least I think so. What do you think? Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Marge said...

Kathy, I've wanted this die set for a long time for this very reason. Sympathy cards are sooo difficult to do and I think this die is perfect for them. Nice job on your card!!!