Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Birthday Wreath


When I saw the latest release from Papertrey I knew as soon as I saw it that the Wreath For All Seasons set would have to be in my cart. I finally had some time to play with it today. During the Papertrey blog hop I came across this post and was so awed by the card that I had to try and copy it. I only make A2 size cards and I'm mathematically challenged so I couldn't do the door thing so I went to my Nestabilities for help. I think of these as those floor to ceiling windows you see in old houses.
Anyway I stamped the base wreath in Memento Rich Cocoa and the berries in Memento Potters Clay and Cantaloupe (Potters Clay first then quarter turn with Cantaloupe). I used words from the set for the sentiment and stamped in Rich Cocoa.
I had some dark brown twine that I wrapped around the card and tied in a bow and then decided my 'window' needed some color. I pulled out my metallic rub on paste and using my finger (loved kindergarten finger painting) rubbed copper and green for a verdigris look.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Marge said...

What a fun card, Kathy!!! This wreath set is one of the sets I won on the Day 1 reveal this month -- man, wish they'd get here!!!