Thursday, April 8, 2010

Love in Black and White


Well there is a pop of red. I truly love black and white cards (it really simplifies color coordination). I've been busy the last few days coloring and making cards. I didn't take time to post anything because I just wasn't sure what I would post.
While I was coloring and trying to come up with card ideas I found some hearts left over from a Valentines card and got the idea to make this card. It was a great idea, I made the base, cut out a black mat, cut and embossed the white layers and then placed the hearts. Oops, the hearts were navy. You know how you get dressed and after you get to work you realize you have on one black sock and one blue, yeah that's the way I felt. I quickly pulled out my heart punch and made some more hearts and used my new Fresh Snow Pallette hybrid ink cube from PaperTrey on the left side hearts. On the right side I just used the heart on the black hearts, but on the white one I used a Stamps by Judith stubbie in red ink for just that little pop of color.
I'll be posting more cards over the next day or so, but my creative genius seems to be on spring break. I just can't get into the swing of creating. I blame it on the weather, cold, rainy and gloomy yuck.
Well I hope you like this card and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: