Thursday, April 22, 2010

A 3 AM Idea


As I noted the yesterday, ideas that come at 3 AM don't always turn out, but this one did.
I found this card design in the Just Cards Birthday edition. It was an intriguing design by Sigrid Clack (page 28, Happy Birthday Bird) and I just had to try it. This card was my second attempt. Maybe I'll show you the first and maybe I won't.
Anyway, you need a double sided DP 12" by 5 1/2". You really don't need the whole 12" but it works out better this way. My first card I followed the directions exactly and I still screwed it up (more on that later). This card I payed closer attention and did better, not perfect, but better (can you spot the errors?)
The DP is Flutterby Long Wing from Kaiser Scrapbook, gorgeous paper. I used a Martha Stewart edge punch, then took a Cuttlebug narrow embossing folder and embossed that design. Then I scored on either side of the embossing (very hard to see in the photo).
I folded that back onto the front side of the paper and glued it down. Back to the scor-board (Martha's), You score at 4 1/4 " from the embossed edge and fold then trim off to 4 1/4"'s. Sounds convoluted but it does work out.

No comments: