Tuesday, April 13, 2010

An Experimental Card


When I was looking through my latest issue of Papercraft magazine there was a discussion about using different patter papers when making a card. It got me to thinking about all the scraps I had on my table from different cards I had made that day. So this experimental came to be.
I also was looking at a Clean and Simple card on a blog I look at frequently My Stamping Addiction, Lynette has a style that is simply elegant. Her cars are beautiful, but without a lot of fuss to them. One of her cards was for a Splitcoast Stampers challenge and the only stamping was to be the sentiment. So I took these two inspirations and combined them in this card. I only had one patterned paper but several different colors of plain card stock. Each of the colors were in the pattern so I assembled them and then searched through everything in my stash to finally come up with this ribbon to finish off the edge of the orange card stock. Unfortunately I didn't realize I neede to to that until I had taped down all my papers, what fun.
Well it is done and I hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: