Thursday, December 1, 2011

Follow His Star

This is a wonderful new set from Papertrey Ink.  Nativity Silhouettes and Additions came out last month and I knew that some of my Christmas cards this year were going to be made with these sets. 
I was laying in bed one night last week thinking about the sun rays stamp and wondering how I could stamp it with multiple colors.  So of course I pulled out my Memento tear drop pads and had a go at stamping with first Cantaloupe and then swiping Tangelo upwards a few times.  It took me several practices to get the effect I wanted and this is what I came up with. The set has the co-ordinating dies for the Holy Family, so I just took the baby Jesus cut out and stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa and set him in front of the rising sun.  The sentiment is embossed with gold.
I used a piece of the Gina K Good as Gold card stock for my matting and then a white card base.  I like it, what do you think?
Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: