Friday, December 9, 2011

A Willow Sympathy

I went shopping at Hobby Lobby last week and came across some purple DP that I thought was so pretty.  I had made a promise to myself that I wouldn't buy any more DP until I had used up what I had, a promise just made to be broken. 
Well when I got home I set it aside until I received my order from CutCardStock.com that included this Dark Purple card stock.  Wow they look good together don't they?  I had also been wanting to make some sympathy cards for my gift packets and use the Willow set from Papertrey Ink for the cards.
So I got to work and cut out the tree using the matching dies for the set.  I stamped the tree trunk with Memento Rich Cocoa and the leaves with Desert Sand.  The sentiment is from the set also and is stamped with Tuxedo Black and cut out with a Stamping Up sentiment punch.  I used strips of the other DP for the tree to 'stand' on just to ground them. 
I really like how the cards turned out, hardly any time at all to make and I think they look great.  What do you think?  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: