Monday, December 12, 2011

A Boy Sledding

Papertrey Ink's October release included the In The Meadow set and has become my all time favorite Christmas/Winter set (especially since the matching dies make it so easy).  The countdown blogs leading up to release day are so much fun to read and so inspiring that I just spend way too much time on the computer (and way too much time deciding what I'm going to buy).  One of the design team is Betsy Veldman and her post using this set just blew me away.  I knew I had to copy it.  (click on 'post' above and see her work). 
So I headed over to Michael's and picked up some frames and got to work.  My frames aren't wide enough to stand on their own so I used Memory Box card stock for my background, oddly enough for a sky background the card stock is a color called Water, go figure. To me it looks like that cold winter sky that's crystal clear and goes on forever.  So I die cut my sledding boy using some black self adhesive ( that I picked up at Michael's). I placed it on the glass and then I stamped the snowflakes with Versamark and used white embossing powder.  One caution from Betsy I learned in reality, the glass gets HOT.  Another caution is that the edges of the glass are sharp so beware if you try this.
After assembling the "picture" I was very happy with the results.  Over the next few day I will post others that I did using this set and the Nativity set also released in October.
I hope you like this and thanks for stopping by.  


No comments: