Saturday, June 18, 2011

Gold and Black, Hmmm!

I'm sorry that this photo doesn't show how really pretty this card is.  The gold on the card base is really shiney and of course the gold embossing is also.
I've said before and I'll say it again it never is a good idea to by pass the jewelry supplies in the craft stores, such a treasure trove of inspiration.
While I was making cards the other day I moved some papers and found a stack of card bases and design elements ready to be assembled.  This card base didn't have anything to go on it but I had been to Hobby Lobby and picked up some medallions (again) and thought this one would work well on it.
I used the die and the stamp from Papertrey's Sending You set as a background for the medallion.  I used a sentiment from the same set and embossed in in gold.  This is a card that went together so easily.  Don't you love it when that happens.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.  

No comments: