Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Distressed Sympathy Card


Last Monday Gina K made and interesting card on Stamp TV. Her card was a Christmas card and it is an elegant easy to make card. The technique is using Ranger Distress Ink Pads and swiping them across the card base darker over lighter. My swiping was less than smooth but I still like the effect. Gina's card was a Christmas card (Christmas in July-Project 3), but since I only have brown shades in the Distress Ink pads I decided to go with a different theme.
For this card I used Antique Linen and Tea Dye. I used a Stamp Positioner to place my sentiment, from PaperTrey's Through the Trees, where I wanted it. Then I swiped my colors. I used the trees from PaperTrey's Masculine Motifs. So there you have it a simple card to make but an elegant one. Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.
P.S. I'm actually in Buffalo, N.Y. for my nieces baby shower so I'm scheduling a few posts ahead of time.

No comments: