Monday, August 16, 2010

A Tree of Circles


Several weeks (or is it months) ago I had all my circle punches and DP scraps out and just started punching circles of all sizes out. I know that I have posted cards using them before but I still had a baggie full of them. In my pursuit of using up what I have I pulled them out and got busy.
I had some card bases sitting on my desk and so I pulled them out also and started combining the two.
This is one of the five cards I made with the circles. I wanted to make a tree with the circles but didn't have a stamp so I made my own tree. We've probably all done this in kindergarten just draw two line and colored them in, easy peasy. Then I started layering on the circles. I had this strip of paper that I had used the Martha Stewart fringe scissors on and it wasn't quite long enough so I cut it in half and layered circles over the split. Kind of like leaves falling from the tree. There are so many colors on the DP that it really didn't matter what color the circles were, I just had to make sure they looked okay together. I'll be posting the other cards I made over the next week or so, but I am so done with circles for now. It is a great way to use up scraps though.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: