Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Trio of Chairs


Do you know what serendipity is? It just happened to me. I picked up two of these three chairs at the Novi stamp show, the Adirondack and the Beach chairs and the sentiment. They are Lockhart stamps and I just love their chair stamps (I just ordered a wicker chair stamp) and their flower and fruit couture stamps and the flower cupcakes and etc., etc.
Anyway these were on my desk and I pulled out the Vintage Garden chair also. I thought the three chairs together would make a cute card with no particular person in mind. I colored them up with Copics and sponged on some Memento Sky around the edges, then after rounding the edges I cut out mats and rounded them also. After stamping the sentiment onto a piece of scrap card stock I added a brad from my stash and put all the items onto the card. When I started to blog about this card I noticed that the DP from the Daisy Paper Co. is called Classroom Stripe and that led to the serendipity part of this blog.
I missed my sisters anniversary and when I called her I just told her that one day she'd get a card for no reason. This is the card. She just retired as a school teacher so now she can just 'sit back and relax' while everyone else is headed back to the classroom.
Hope she likes it and that you do also. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: