Sunday, June 17, 2012

Rehearsal Dinner Invite

Four years ago I had the pleasure of making the rehearsal dinner invitations for my nephew Steve's wedding, this summer his brother is getting married and I asked my sister if I could do the same thing for Greg.  She was more than happy to let me.  The process of designing the card was easy this time because I wanted to do the same basic idea but with a twist.  The bride (Erin) chose Calla Lilies in eggplant for her flowers and I took that and ran (after getting her ok of course).  Let me tell you it was hard finding a calla lily that I liked, but I finally found a Stampin Up set on ebay that had this calla lily in it (the set is called Long Stemmed and has 4 different flowers so it was a real bargain).  I wanted to use Cryogen white card stock since it is a somewhat creamy white and has a shimmer to it, beautiful.  I knew that I wanted to use clear translucent card stock to stamp my image on so I found some Core'dinations packs on sale and I was all set.
I stamped the image on the front and colored from the back for a softer effect.  The stems are done with YG03 and G99, the flowers Have YG03 then RV95 with RV69 along the edges then blended with RV95. Whew.  To mount them I cut a 4x5 1/4 piece of Cryogen white and cut out the center with Nestabilities Label 4, which I then ran thru my Cuttlebug with a Sizzix embossing folder, I'm not sure what the correct name is but I call it Hearts & Flowers.
For the inside I typed up the details and printed onto more of the clear translucent card stock and mounted it to another piece of Cryogen white that I cut out with a Papertrey Ink die Card Base-ICS #1.  I used score tape to attach it to the back top of the that.   After adding a snapshot of the happy couple I packaged them all up and shipped them off to my sister to be mailed out to the lucky invitees.
I am so looking forward to this wedding.
Hope you like these and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Very pretty Kathy. I understood practically nothing of what you wrote, but I can tell it was hard work and they are beautiful. How many did you make?