Friday, October 30, 2009

Distressed B'day


I started playing with embossing powders yesterday and had a lot of messy fun. Well it was messy until I remembered the anti-static pad I got at Michael's/Joann's or Hobby Lobby. I first saw it on Gina K and grabbed it when I saw it in the store. It really works.
Well to get back to business. I picked up this terrific Hero Arts stamp at Michael's the other day and thought it would be great focal point on B'day cards. I decided to pair it with the candle Cuttlebug embossing folder (see the theme here???)
I stamped the image with the Versamark water mark pad (after I had pulled out all the embossing powders I have) and then just started sprinkling different colors on it.
I wasn't sure if I would end up with some thing pretty or just a muddy looking card. I'm happy to say it really came out pretty. I'm not sure if it shows in the photo but the different colors didn't blend too much. In real life you can see a bit of a rainbow effect. I decided to make this card a bit shabby, so I distressed the edges. Maybe this should be for an "older" person, who's "distressed" about a B'day. LOL. Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: