Monday, February 20, 2012

Thank You to the Troops

I recently had the opportunity to help my cousin Mary with a wonderful project she started last year.  Mary puts together some care packages to send with troops being deployed.  Mostly it's coffee, but she includes tea and I think hot chocolate and some goodies for them to have on those infrequent down times when they can relax.  There were three sets of packages going over and everyone who contributed (I was only able to send money to cover some expenses since I'm out of town) had to give her three thank you cards to be enclosed with the goodies.  I wanted to keep it to a patriotic theme so of course I went with red, white and blue.  The flags are from Papertrey Ink's Friendship Jar Summer
Fillers set.  I embossed them with Martha Stewart Dove powder.  The sentiment is also Papertrey and was a freebie.  I rarely make any two cards alike and even though I used the same focal point I tried to vary the layout and how the sentiment was done.  It's hard to see the one on the left but I clear embossed it and rubbed Papertrey Fresh Snow around it to make it show up.  I was so happy to participate in this project and am so grateful to our troops and their families for all that they do.
Hope you like the cards and thanks for stopping by.
P.S.  I'm posting this from sunny Florida where I've been crafting away and enjoying wonderful weather.

No comments: