Thursday, February 23, 2012

Silver and Black

When I packed up my card making stuff to bring to Florida I found this black and silver foil DP form Hot Off the Press.  It doesn't look like much in the photo but it is gorgeous in real life.  I had to find a way to use it with out covering it up.  So this is what I did.  First I embossed this image from Papertrey Ink's anniversary set Iconic Images with silver embossing powder on black card stock cut out with Nestabilities Labels 4.  Then cut out a silver mat and another black mat in larger sizes.  I had a narrow strip of the silver card stock (also from Hot Off the Press) that I ran across the card to sort of ground the image.  I placed the layers on the strip and was done.  I really wish I had a better photo imaging system so you could see just how beautiful this DP is but I don't, so you can't.  Some lucky person is going to get it in their favor package at the wedding shower in May.  Or maybe I'll just keep it, hmmm.
Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: